Monday 25 April 2016

Sunflower Nails

I've been stamping a lot recently, and I felt the urge to do some freehanding for a change.  The weather has been grey and damp, and I wanted something bright and cheerful, so I went for my favourite flowers, sunflowers. 



I started with a base of China Glaze For Audrey (my bottle has gone a bit thick and gloopy - it's now a PERFECT one coater!) and freehanded the flowers using some MoYou stamping polishes and a fine brush. The yellow is Bahamas Punch and I used two greens for the leaves, Key Lime and Spring Green. I really like how pigmented and rich the MoYou London stamping polishes are - they're not too gloopy to do nail art with, but they're still opaque over strong colours.


The brown flower centres are Barry M Cocoa. 


And just to show you that I do always do both hands (apparently some people don't! Who knew?) here's my other hand as well.  The cleanup's not quite as good, but I'm pretty pleased with these. 


Weirdly, I posted a pic of these on Twitter, and my friend Wendy from MASPOOASE pointed me at the sunflower nails she did almost 3 years ago today, and they're almost identical! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...