Sunday 1 November 2015

Hallowe'en Graveyard Nails & Purple Gradient

I don't do Hallowe'en, but I'd seen lots of nails like this recently and wanted to do some too!



I started with 4 purple polishes and made a gradient. I used Barry M Black Currant and Blackberry, Jacava Holbein Place and Barry M Fondant, to take it from an almost-black purple to a pale lilac. I started with a base of Jacava Holbein Place, and then sponged on the gradient.


I really like how this came out, and I wore this on its own for a day, with topcoat to make it glossy. 


The cleanup round the cuticles was quite awkward - that Barry M Black Currant again! I still liked this though.


I then tried this matte, just to see what it was like. I like this too!


I then used a Barry M nail art pen to freehand a tree and some gravestones. 


I like the contrast of the black against the sort of sunset sky, and the glossy against the matte. 

I wish Black Currant wasn't so messy round the edges though!

 

 
 

3 comments:

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...