Sunday 18 October 2015

Glossy/Matte Stamped Nails

This is possibly a very geeky admission, but today's nails were inspired by Alex Hassell's costume in the RSC's current production of Henry V.  I saw it in Stratford a couple of weeks ago, and will be seeing it in the cinema (there's a live screening link across the UK) again on the 21st.  I can't find a decent photo of his costume, but he wore a lot of dark reds. He had a fancy brocade coat thing, and a leather jacket, with fleur de lys.  


This stamp isn't actually a fleur de lys, but it's the closest I have to it. I started with a base of Barry M Crush, the matte dark red.  I then stamped using Barry M Chilli, a glossy red almost identical to Crush, and Barry M Gold Foil. The stamping plate is MoYou London Steampunk 07. 


The stamping here is quite subtle, but I love how it looks! It isn't at all obvious unless you're staring closely at my nails. 


I feel quite elegant with these nails for once. I don't often do elegant.  


If it helps, I'm currently sitting in my pyjamas and covered in cat hair, so it's only my nails that are elegant. 



If you're at all interested in theatre, or Shakespeare, I can highly recommend this production of Henry V, which is on in cinemas all over the UK on Wednesday. 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...