Sunday 19 July 2015

Freehand Orange Roses

Today's nails were done using nine different Barry M colours, and a fine paintbrush.



I started with a base of Truffle, the neutral nude colour from the Silks range, and then went crazy with a painbrush and several Gelly colours: Cotton, Mango, Mustard, Papaya, Satsuma, Key Lime and Watermelon. 


The roses were a very odd work in progress. First they looked absolutely AWFUL. Then they looked worse. I kept dabbing away and adding extra swirls, and extra colours...


Then they looked merely disappointing. Then they looked acceptable. Then all of a sudden, they looked really nice! At least, I think they do!


I even think my right hand looks ok!


What do you think?

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, gorgeous - reminds me of the 1930's for some reason, must be the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...