Saturday 9 May 2015

Review: BruzZ, the Hygienic Nail Brush

I've got something a bit different to show you today! This is a brand new product which has just been released - a totally different style of nail brush. This is the BruzZ.
I use a nail brush all the time, and have done for years. They're essential for keeping nails clean. They're usually cheap and functional, but do have a few issues. This new sort of brush is designed to eliminate some of those problems. I'm sure we're all familiar with traditional nail brushes where the bristles end up splayed out all over the place, or where the base gets all grotty and yucky with a mix of soap scum and who knows what. Where the brush sprays froth all over your sink or mirror. And I try not to think about how unhygienic a brush gets after a few weeks!  So when I was offered one of these new brushes to try, I jumped at the chance!


The BruzZ brush is a British invention, and was designed by a professional beauty therapist. The antibacterial bristles are made of soft rubber material, and are fitted inside the chunky body of the brush. The bristles are impregnated with softening vanilla extract too, designed to keep nails healthy and to smell nice.


The bristle pad itself lifts out of the body for cleaning, and both parts are dishwasher safe.   


So, what is it like?

My first impression was of the fragrance, which was fairly strong when I opened the box. It's not at all unpleasant, but it was quite surprising, and the vanilla scent does clash with my current lemony soap.  The design of the bristles is excellent though - they clean the top and underneath of the nails at the same time, as well as the sides. I sometimes find with traditional nail brushes with stiff bristles, that the delicate skin on the sides of my nails can feel a bit sore if there are any cuts or cracked bits. However, the bristles on this brush are nice and soft, and didn't aggravate the delicate skin at all. 


I wondered whether the soft bristles would be tough enough to actually clean my nails properly, but I've been using this for a week now and noticed no trouble at all keeping my nails spotlessly clean. I did quite a bit of gardening on Monday, including potting up some plants, and had potting compost under my nails as well as grass stains on my fingertips - the BruzZ cleaned them up just fine, and without the scratchiness of a traditional brush. 
I'm impressed!  This is much nicer to use than a standard nail brush, and I think is much easier to keep clean, so is much more hygienic. I'm hopeful that it'll also last much longer than a traditional brush - after one week of regular use, this is still spotless, and of course, being able to wash in the dishwasher is a big bonus.

These come in white, pink, or blue. You can find them in larger Boots shops, and online at Boots and Amazon, and various other online nail stores. The standard price is £9.99, but some websites have it slightly cheaper.  While that's really expensive for a nail brush, I suspect this may work out as far better value in the long run, as this won't need replacing every few weeks. 

The official BruzZ website has more information and details, and also has an online shop. 



This brush was provided by the company for my honest review. All opinions are my own. Please see my Disclaimer section for more information.









4 comments:

  1. Oh, that is interesting! I don't use a nail brush because i have sensitive skin, but this could work for me. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was definitely much less harsh than a normal nail brush - the bristles are soft and squishy.

      Delete
  2. I just bought one of these on the strength of your review! Been thinking about it since reading back when you posted then caught sight of my yucky existing nail brush the other day. I have high hopes (Also got the pink)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...