Saturday 8 November 2014

Vivien Kondor London - New British Nail Varnish Coming Soon!

I was contacted recently by a brand new British nail varnish company, Vivien Kondor London, and was offered the chance to try out some of their polishes! I love something new, especially if it's a British company, so I jumped at the chance!  Vivien Kondor is part of Elegance by London, and is about to launch a really big range of nail polish, which will be for sale on their website and on Amazon. (The colours on the website are still only a rough idea, as it's not finished yet!)

Tonight I have 5 different colours to show you. First up is Shiny Baby Pink. This is two coats, with no topcoat. 



Shiny Baby Pink is just that - a pretty pale baby pink, with a metallic finish. 


As with most metallics, this does show the brushstrokes a bit, but I don't find them too obvious in this polish. The formula is really nice - this is smooth and buttery, and didn't need any clean up. The brush is good - not too stiff, not too floppy, not too wide (something I find a real issue for my narrow nails with some brands).    I think this is really pretty! It's not my usual style - maybe a bit too pink and sweet for my usual taste, but it is pretty. 

Next up is Cobalt Blue. This one has a gorgeous jelly-like quality to it. 
This is three coats, as it's more sheer than Shiny Baby Pink. This time though I did add topcoat for extra shine. 


The formula on this one is really good, and I love the vibrancy of the colour. 


Isn't it gorgeous?  Because the colour on this is so pigmented, I worried that it might be a stainer, but I'm happy to report that it isn't at all. 

Before I took this off though, I thought I'd try one of the other polishes over it. Lilac is quite sheer, so I layered one coat over Cobalt Blue. 

Oh wow! Isn't it gorgeous? Lilac transforms Cobalt into a shimmery, duochromey purpley-blue stunner!

I love these two together. 

Next up is Lilac on its own. This is three thin coats as it's on the sheer side. 


This is another lovely one - this is a shimmery bluey purple. I bet it would look fantastic over black too. 


This one has a good formula, but is a touch on the slow side to dry. It's really pretty though!

Next up is one called Neon Gold. This is the one I was most excited about in advance, because I LOVE a gold, and I've never heard of a NEON gold! The company tells me that this one is still being tinkered with, as they don't think Neon Gold is the right name for it at the moment.  I have to say, I'd agree with that. 


This is two coats of Neon Gold, with no topcoat. Formula is nice, like Shiny Baby Pink. I like this colour a lot. But I don't think it's gold, and it's certainly not neon. It's a bit of an odd colour - a sort of peachy orangey gold, but I'm a fan of orange and of gold, so that's fine with me. 


Actually, this totally reminds me of butternut squash!


The company would like some feedback about this one - what do you think? Should they try and make it more gold? More neon? Try a different name? I don't even know what a neon gold would look like - I'm struggling to imagine such a thing!

The last one is imaginatively called Gold Glitter, and I think it's my favourite. It's a straightforward gold glitter, with tiny square pieces in a slightly yellow-tinted base. The glitter is dense, so it's got great coverage. 


You could certainly use this as a glitter topper over a coloured base, but I wanted to see what it would be like on its own, whether I could get complete coverage without a base colour. 


The answer is yes! The tinted base really helps with this. 


The accent nail is 2 coats of Cobalt Blue with one coat of Gold Glitter. I think that works well. But I love the other nails! They're three coats of glitter on its own. As you can see, there are some tiny gaps, but the tinted base evens this out. 

Overall, I think these polishes are good - nice colours, high quality, decent brushes. I don't know how much the company are planning to charge, so I'd be interested to know. I like the look of a lot of the other colours too. 

On a very very trivial note - I like the lids! The shape makes the brush nice and easy to hold, but also mirrors the zig zag shape of the VK in the logo, which makes me smile! 

You can follow the company on Twitter @Vivien_Kondor for news of the range launch. 


These polishes were provided by the company for my honest review. Please see my Disclaimer section for more information.




















   

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of them! They look good though :-) Especially the first three :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either before last week! But yes, they're good aren't they?

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...