Friday 11 July 2014

Colour Me Crazy! Week 1:Red.

This week the British Nail Bloggers have started a new challenge, based on colours. This is a weekly theme - you can find more details here


The first week's challenge is RED. I knew I wanted to do something that involved only using red polish, I didn't want to include other colours. I eventually settled on this, another version of the quilted design I tried previously (see here).  



This uses Barry M Blood Orange as the glossy base - I used one coat. I then used striping tape to mark off a grid pattern, and added a coat of Zoya Chyna, the textured red glitter from the Pixie Dust collection.


I'm really pleased with how these came out!


I like the contrast between the glossy and the matte, and of the creme and the glitter. I should do quilted nails more often, they're easy to do and pretty effective. 

Check out everyone else's red-themed nails here:


2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like it. I really need to check out these Zoyas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Zoya polishes are really good, but I LOVE the Pixie Dust range. They're fab as rough, textured glitters (and last really well) and look stunning with topcoat. I get mine on Amazon.

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...