Sunday 11 May 2014

Laqa & Co Nail Polish Pen

Here is the second of my posts about my new Laqa & Co. polishes. For the first, click here. Today's review is of one of their nail polish pens, something I was very excited about!  The idea of a nail polish pen is so clever and practical. The idea is that they're small and portable, much easier to stick in your handbag for a quick touch up on the go than taking a whole bottle with you, which could break or spill.  I have a lovely purple one, Blurple, to show you.


As with yesterday's polish, the box features artwork from a young artist, who gets a share in the profits from the polish. This one was designed by Nazario Graziano - you can see more of his work here

The pen takes a little getting used to, but it doesn't take long to get the hang of it! A few clicks on the bottom of the bottle brings a bead of polish through to the brush - it can be a little tricky at first to work out how much polish is needed to get the application smooth (too little, and the polish drags on the nail, too much and the polish can flood the cuticles) but I found that having a tissue handy to dab any excess on was all that was needed. This is two coats of Blurple. 

The formula is really nice - smooth and even, and dries to a super high shine. I added topcoat for added protection, but I don't think it was necessary. The brush is good - it's soft and smooth, and the bristles are short enough that it's easily controlled and keeps the polish neat.

The only downside for me with this pen is that there is only 5ml in it, which won't last all that long if you're using it for an entire manicure. I think the best way to use these would be if you had the bottle and the pen of the same colour, used the bottle to do your main polish, and then carried the pen for touch ups during the day. That would get a bit pricey though!


Laqa & Co. polishes can be bought in the UK from My Retail Beauty, where the pens cost £10.20 (although they currently have a sale on, so they're £8.15).  I think that's a little pricey for the amount of polish, but the pen is a really neat idea, and they'd make a great gift as they look so pretty and are definitely out of the ordinary. 

This polish was provided by the company/PR for my unbiased review. See my Disclaimer section for more details.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...