Saturday 10 May 2014

Laqa & Co. Bobby Dazzler

I was contacted recently and asked whether I'd like to try some Laqa & Co. products. I'd seen them online on other blogs and they looked so pretty, so I jumped at the chance! Here is the first of them, Bobby Dazzler. 


Laqa & Co. is a New York based company which makes polishes that are 3-free, and come in beautifully decorated boxes, designed by up-and-coming artists. A nice twist with Laqa & Co. is that they give a percentage of the income from the products to the artists. They also feature these artists on their website, with a new one featured every month. Click here for more information!  


As you can see, Bobby Dazzler is a bright orange, almost neon bright polish, which is right up my street! This is two coats. It applies really nicely, and dries well to a satin finish. The brush is really good, and the polish is smooth and even.  I'm not a huge fan of the slender bottle though, as it's so easily knocked over! It is really pretty, but it's not the most practical, especially as I'm pretty clumsy!


It's a really good colour!

The artwork on the box for Bobby Dazzler was designed by Georgiana Paraschiv. I wish this information was on the box though - I think if you're going to feature artists and have their artwork on the box, it would be nice to put some details either on the box or inside, because I think people would be interested. You can see more of her work here.  I was inspired by the pretty, abstract, blotchy pattern to do nails to match the box!

I did this by sponging colours over the base of Bobby Dazzler. I used Models Own Bubblegum, China Glaze Pink-ie Promise, and OPI Tickle My France-y, and a small makeup sponge. 

I then added a matte topcoat (Rimmel Pro) to match the box.

I'm really pleased with how these came out!  What do you think?

You can buy Laqa & Co. polishes in the UK from My Retail Beauty, where they cost £8.95 for these bottles (9ml). There are loads of colours to choose from! They also sell the famous Laqa & Co. nail polish PENS - I have one of those to try too, so look out for that post coming very soon! I'm excited to try that. 


This polish was provided by the company/PR for my unbiased review. See my Disclaimer section for more details.






 

4 comments:

  1. Wow I love what you've done! Looks really cool.

    The colour on its own is quite nice too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yes, the colour's nice. I don't think it's that unique, but it's a colour I will definitely wear again.

      Delete
  2. I love the effect you used on top of it. The matte top coat is a nice touch over the watercolour-like pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...