Thursday 24 April 2014

Barry M Pacific with Butterfly Stamping

I was NOT going to buy this shade from the Barry M Aquarium collection, but then I was in Boots the other day, and Barry M was on 3-for-2... and, well, you know how it is!


This is Barry M Pacific, two coats, with no topcoat.


The formula is a little on the thin and sheer side - my second coat was thicker than the first though, and covered well. I wore this earlier in the week as well, when I was away, and it lasted perfectly for three full days and nights. Admittedly, I wasn't in my usual routine and so wasn't typing, digging around in my handbag for keys, or washing up, but even so, I was really impressed. 


This is a blue-green duochrome, although to be honest, there really isn't that much duochrome or colour shift in there. The colour is mostly a turquoisey blue, although it does look a darker cobalt blue in some lights, and a brighter green in others. It's a lovely colour though, and a very pretty, metallic finish with a lot of shine.


Not content with leaving well enough alone, I thought I'd try this with some stamping over the top - I used Barry M Silver Foil and MoYou London stamping plate Pro 09. I used the 3 different butterfly designs. 


The MoYou London plates are just so good!  They keep bringing out new ones too, it's far too tempting! 

  I mean - look how pretty those butterflies are!

10 comments:

  1. I have all of the Barry M Aquarium collection and love them! Just perfect for the Spring and Summer. Love the butterflies, definitely works with the colour, :).

    Toria (toria-creativemine.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, they're good polishes aren't they? I have the two goldish ones, but not the green, and not the glitters.

      Delete
  2. Wow!! So pretty!! It almost looks like nail foil being so metallic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really glad I bought this one now, it is a really good colour.

      Delete
  3. Love this colour! Also wish I could buy every single release by MoYou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're so gorgeous aren't they? I want all the Mother Nature plates, and the new Hipster ones...

      Delete
  4. Buy Arabian. You know you want to! Srsly it's gorgeous! Love the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just picked this up in the Boots 3 for 2 as well! Can't wait to try it out - looks lovely with this stamping!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...