Saturday 29 March 2014

China Glaze Glimmer More

I was in my favourite nail varnish shop the other day, having heard that they'd got the Opi Sheer Tints in, and while I was there, spotted the new China Glaze Surprise collection and couldn't resist this one, Glimmer More.  When I first saw swatches of this collection online, I have to say I didn't really like the look of it - I'm not a fan of 'untidy' looking glitter somehow. But this just looked so pretty in the bottle that I couldn't resist!


I thought I would try this out over the Models Own Hypergel, Coral Glaze.  You may remember my previous post about the Hypergels, and the difficulties I had with them not drying. I did actually write to Models Own, who replied to say that they'd not heard of this issue before, but that they would investigate, and that I should make sure my nails were clean and dry before applying nail varnish. They did send me three replacement polishes though (I chose Bubblegum Ice Neon, and a couple of jelly glitters - posts to come later) which was nice.   But I was determined to try the Hypergels again one last time, just in case. 


This time I used a different base coat to my usual one, in case the Hypergel didn't like my base. I made sure my nails were scrupulously clean. I waited an hour between the first coat and the second. Then I waited another hour before adding Glimmer More as a glitter topcoat. This is a very pretty glitter - there's sparkly magenta hex glitter, and larger matte white, pale orange and yellow hex pieces. I like the contrast between the sparkly and the matte glitter, I think it's really pretty. This is awkward to apply though, because of the skinny brush; you do have to dab this around quite a lot. 

I like the way this looks, although I don't love it. I think Glimmer More would look better over a pretty pastel pink though. And then, I thought that as it had been several (at least three!) hours since I applied the first coat of Coral Glaze, I'd see how well it had dried... 


Yep. It just wiped off. So I officially give up on the Hypergels! They just Do Not Work for me.  

8 comments:

  1. Some polishes just don't work on some people. Fair play to MO customer service though. Shame, because it looks a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a nice colour. I don't know why they only offered to replace 3, but I suppose it's something.

      Delete
  2. That looks really pretty! Such a shame about the hypergels though, they worked fine on me (although I've not tried to use them without SV).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I really like the glitter.

      I'm so disappointed about the hypergels - I've seen so many fantastic results on other blogs! With/without SV seems to make no difference on me.

      Delete
  3. Eeek, that's a nightmare. I haven't tried them yet but hope they work for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone else I've seen seems to have had great success with these, so I'm sure it'll be fine!

      Delete
  4. How strange!? Have only tried 1 of my HyperGels so far, but it didn't do that! It did bubble a little though, I prefer the Barry M Gelly formula on me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Gellys are much better for me than these. I think it must be my fingers!

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...