Sunday 14 April 2013

Barry M Nail Art Pens - Flower Design

I never get on very well with nail art pens, the standard type with the long fine brush, and the fine metal tip. I always find the brushes too long to manipulate easily, and the metal tips always end up flooding or drying out when I squeeze the bottle too hard or not enough. So I was intrigued to see what the new Barry M Nail Art Pens would be like.
barry m nail art pens 2
Instead of the brush/metal tip combo, these have a hard plastic tip with a hole in the end. You shake the tube a bit, then press down several times on a hard surface (not your nail!) until the polish flows. It then flows freely from a tiny hole, no need for squeezing. Just give the tip a wipe with a tissue when you're finished, and that's all there is to it.
barry m nail art pens 1
These come in black, white, silver and pink. They cost £4.99 in Superdrug, but they had a 3-for-2 deal on, so I bought 3. I will probably end up going back for the black one too!  I used two coats of China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On, and then played around to get this floral design using the pink and white Barry M pens.
barry m nail art pens 4
The nibs on the pens are firm and very easy to control. The polish itself isn't normal polish - it's much runnier and flows very nicely, without flooding, or drying up mid design. There's no need to stop and re-pump the nib or anything like that. What I especially liked is that the polish is thin enough to lie flat and dry quickly - not like when using a dotting tool say, which leaves raised patterns which add texture and take longer to dry. 
barry m nail art pens 3
This isn't the neatest finish ever - I thought it looked great til I saw the macro shots! My skin is awfully dry right now. I have terrible excema on the backs of my hands at the moment, and while it hasn't carried to my fingers, I have been using lots of creams and so on, which are drying out the skin on my fingers I think. These photos were AFTER doing a heavy duty moisturiser session!  However, I loved how easy the pens were to use, and how the pattern looked for a first attempt! Much easier than dotting tools, and much much easier than traditional squeezy nail art pens. I hope Barry M plan to bring out more colours! I'd like a blue and a red, and maybe a gold?

 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought it look great til I saw the macros and I was really disappointed, but I suppose they're not as bad as I think. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! This looks amazing, you've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! They really were easy to use.

      Delete
  3. I really love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought these, well I couldn't find the pink one in two superdrug stores :(

    Gorgeous design you have done with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Keep looking, I'm sure it'll turn up!

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...